Vacancy: Strategy and Operations Manager (Position is now closed)
This position will engage in strategic projects in support of efficient and effective partnership operations and conservation strategy, while building trusted relationships and facilitating collaboration across multiple partners, institutions, and cultures to achieve shared goals.
Location: Remote in Eastern Standard Time
Closing Date: June 5, 2023
Position Title: Strategy and Operations Manager
Location: The role is remote, but this person will need to work on Eastern Standard Time.
Travel: Minimum of 3-4 trips per year.
Reports to: Deputy Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
You’ll join a top-notch remote-first team and innovative partnership at the leading edge of biodiversity conservation and community economic development through the durable protection of land and ocean. The Strategy and Operations Manager will work within the Enduring Earth hub team, responsible for partnership operations, board and management team governance and strategy, and general program support in partnership with Enduring Earth’s Deputy Director, the Managing Director, and across the Enduring Earth partnership at the highest levels. You will report to the Deputy Director and engage in strategic projects in support of efficient and effective partnership operations and strategy, a robust and diverse project pipeline, and durable conservation initiatives globally.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Operations & Strategy (40-50%)
- Own the development of annual workplans across the Partnership, monitor progress, and lead reporting with the appropriate tools.
- Develop medium (2-3 year) and long-term (5-7 years) partnership workplans to ensure that overall goals (e.g., 20 PFPs by 2030) are met.
- Lead general operational tasks including project management for hiring processes, strategic human resources support, implementation of partnership operations manual (once finalized).
- Refine and build as necessary processes for committee function, adoption of norms, and decision-making framework including tracking, codifying, disseminating decisions.
- Own strategic projects including project management, content development for quarterly partnership retreats, support for partnership metrics, strategic data analysis.
- Serve as a cross-functional team player supporting broader Enduring Earth programs including communications, PFP portfolio.
Board & Management Team Support (30%)
- Lead development of regular (2x month) Management meetings, including content development across committees, strategic projects, and working groups.
- Execute preparation and strategy for quarterly board meetings, including agenda-setting, material preparation across committees, working groups, and hub team.
- Support specific Management Team members partnering with Managing Director and Deputy Director on key cross-cutting projects (e.g., dashboards development, impact storyline, etc.).
Financial Management and Analysis (20-30%)
- Develop and manage tools and processes for key areas of partnership financial management including accounting for annual partner contributions, annual budgeting, and quarterly financial reporting with support from Deputy Director as needed.
- Support generation of reports and data analysis for the team, including dashboards and materials for decision-making.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in business, government, or non-profit operations and/or strategy.
- Work experience in a consulting and/or investment firm, multi-lateral agency, or a global development contractor preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French and/or Spanish a significant plus).
- Strong skills in data analysis and demonstrated ability to draw conclusions from multiple sources of insight (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience managing budgets and familiarity with basic financial concepts and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and facilitate collaboration across multiple partners, institutions, and cultures to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to learn new information and concepts and synthesize those across various audiences.
- Rigorous ability to prioritize, work independently, and generate and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including experience managing multiple project flows.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, project management software (proficiency in Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization software a plus).
Characteristics for success:
- A trusted team member, who exhibits integrity, discretion, and good judgment every day.
- Committed to serving others and collaborating to achieve the results that define team success.
- Acts humbly, listens actively, and engages in open and constructive dialogue to find the best ideas and solutions.
- Passion to do high-quality work, continuously learn and achieve results.
- Brings a great attitude and positive energy, is resourceful to advance projects independently and flexible and adaptable when priorities change.
- Go-getter with a knack for finding new ways to do things, looking to build a best-in-class partnership and shape the future of conservation.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: USD$100,000-$130,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 160 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] by June 5, 2023. We will be interviewing in a rolling basis, so we recommend applying as soon as possible.
Enduring Earth Deal Fund and Hub is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected].